What portrait session is right for me?
It all depends on the look and style you're going for. Let's say you're a real estate agent, looking for a new headshot to add to your business cards and LinkedIn profile. We'd recommend the "FACE" package for this type of shoot. This is our most traditional headshot option, usually showing only head and shoulders. You will receive two retouched photos, selected from a gallery of options showing different poses, expressions and lighting.
The "BODY" option is more of a lifestyle session, where you'll be posed in a more relaxed style -- typically incorporating props and the environment around you. The same real estate agent who considered booking a "FACE" session for her headshot might consider this one instead if she were interested in being photographed at one of her listings, in a setting that tells more of a visual story about her day-to-day life.
This type of session is best for musicians, chefs, yoga instructors, fashion bloggers and other professionals looking to showcase their personality and receive content that can be used across a variety of media platforms to promote their skills or business.
"SOUL" is an extended version of the "BODY" lifestyle shoot. There is an additional hour of shooting and extra looks, locations, and delivered photos.
How does the consultation work?
Once you've decided which portrait package is best for you, then it's time to talk logistics. A consultation is included in each package and can be conducted over the phone or via email, before or after you've booked your session online. This is our chance to really get inside your head and understand who you are, so that we can create and communicate your visual brand and story.
We'd love for you to share your ideas with us regarding theme, shoot locations, lighting, and styling. Some people come in to this process knowing exactly what they want. Others, not so much. We're happy to help guide the way as much (or as little) as you wish.
Some questions to get the ideas flowing:
- What are you hoping to achieve with your photo session?
- Have you had professional photos of yourself taken before? What did you like or what didn't you like about them?
- What will the photos be used for?
- How many edited images do you need?
- What is the deadline for receiving final images?
- Do you have a preference on the location of your shoot?
- Do you have a preference on lighting? Do you prefer more natural light or studio light?
- Is there anything about your looks that you'd like to emphasize or minimize in your photo shoot?
- Do you have any inspiration photos that you'd like to share with us?
What is your availability and what time of day is best for shooting?
We generally book at least 1-2 weeks out for portraits. This gives us enough time to work out all of the logistics, for you to pick out your favorite outfit, get your hair did, and psych yourself about getting in front of the camera.
Our hours are 10am-5pm, M-F, but we're flexible and willing to adjust this window if it means we'd get even better photos out of the shoot. We keep an updated calendar that you can view here.
Selecting the time of day for your portrait session is best left up to us. In general, we prefer to shoot outdoor portraits in the first hour after sunrise or during "golden hour," the hour before sunset. But that doesn't mean we're opposed to shooting at noon... as long as there's some open shade nearby.
So, how do I book a session?
Good news! We've made this super easy... we think. Follow these steps and you'll be well on your way to scoring yourself some fancy new photos:
- Go to the website: http://www.stacykeckphoto.com/portraits/
- Select your favorite package from the three options
- Click the "book now" button
- Locate and click on your preferred package option
- Select a date and time from the calendar
- Important! Before booking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that the preferred date and time are ideal for your selected portrait package.
- Once we have responded with confirmation, you may proceed with booking the appointment. All fees must be paid at time of booking.
- Voila! Let's start planning your shoot!